No really, it’s not. I often aimlessly browse for quotes whether that’s online or in books/movies and have hundreds of favourite and meaningful quotes that makes an impact on me personally. You know the kind of quotes that you promise to hang on your wall? I need more fucking walls. Saying that, I’m pretty sure that hanging quotes on the wall makes you a hipster – so does iced tea. Apparently our favourite quotes say more about us than the quote itself – I’m surprised my favourites don’t include more cake.
Here are my top ten favourite quotes:
1. “At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.”
2. “Kindness. What a simple way to tell another struggling soul that there is love to be found in this world.”
3. “They say love is blind. I disagree. Infatuation is blind, love is all-seeing and accepting. Love is seeing all of the flaws and blemishes yet accepting them. Love is accepting the bad habits and mannerisms, and working around them. Love is recognising all of the fears and insecurities, and knowing your role is to comfort. Love is working through all of the challenges and painful times. Infatuation is fragile and will shatter when life is not perfect. Love is strong and it strengthens because it’s completely real.”
4. “At moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a hundred moments of regret.”
5. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.”
6. “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.”
7. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love”
8. “Someone shouldn’t need to be faced with your absence to value your presence.”
9. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
10. “I know you’ve lost someone and it hurts. You may have lost them suddenly, unexpectedly. Or perhaps you began losing pieces of them until one day, there was nothing left. You may have known them all your life or you may have barely known them at all. Either way, it is irrelevant – you cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts upon you. Which is why I am not here to tell you tomorrow is another day. That the sun will go on shining. Or there are plenty of fish in the sea. What I will tell you is this – it’s okay to be hurting as much as you are. What you are feeling is not only completely valid but necessary because it makes you so much more human; And though I can’t promise that it will get better any time soon, I can tell you that it will – eventually. For now, all you can do is take your time. Take all the time you need.”
That’s my positive attitude done for the day. Thank you, Pinterest. Wishing you a happy hump day!